Apr 20, Colombo: Around 327 employees of a garment factory in the Koggala Free Trade Zone have been admitted to the Karapitiya Teaching Hospital in Galle due to food poisoning.
A hospital spokesman said the ill employees were brought to the hospital by several buses. They are currently being treated for food poisoning, the police said.
The employees fell sick after taking their breakfast at the factory this morning (20).
The Police said the employees complained of vomiting, severe headache, and diarrhea this morning and sought treatment at hospitals. The doctors say a meal with chicken is suspected to be the cause for food poisoning.
The police are conducting further investigations into the incident.
<! --- End News Item --->