July 10, Colombo: The Government has further relaxed the restrictions that were imposed to control the third wave of the COVID-19 outbreak in Sri Lanka.
Asela Gunawardena, Director General of Health Services has issued a new circular further easing the travel restrictions from today (10).
However, inter-provincial movement restrictions will remain unchanged tor another 14 days.
It is emphasized that the level of permitted functions can be subjected to amend depending on changes to epidemiological situation.
Public is urged to strictly comply with the guidelines issued for permitted levels of functions.
All government and private organizations are urged to be responsible to ensure their functioning are abided with New Normalcy.
All are requested to strictly adhere to DReAM (D- Physical Distancing. No gathering, mainly stay at home, Re — Respiratory Etiquette, A- aseptic practices: hand wash and hand sanitizing, M- Proper use of facemasks).
Some of the revisions:
• Places of worship have been opened
• Weddings allowed with 25% seating capacity of the venue or a maximum of 150 guests
• Essential Meetings allowed only with 25% capacity
• Funerals allowed (non-Covid). Should be held within 24 hours of the release of the body & maximum of 50 persons can participate
• Private taxi services allowed only for seating capacity
• Conferences / Seminars / Brand Launches – permitted (Hybrid events with max 50 on-site attendees)
• Groceries opened under health guidelines
Following is the complete circular issued by the Director General of Health Services: