Dec 20, Colombo: The cabinet ministers of Sri Lanka's United National Front (UNF) government are being sworn in before President Maithripala Sirisena this morning at the Presidential Secretariat.
In accordance with the Constitution, the number of cabinet ministers in the UNF-led government will be limited to 30 portfolios. The President holds the Defense and Mahaweli Development and Environment Ministry portfolios.
Several ministerial portfolios have changed hands while some former unity government ministers have retained their previous portfolios.
Following are the ministers of the new cabinet:
1.Ranil Wickremesinghe: Minister of National Polices, Economic Affairs, Resettlement & Rehabilitation, Northern Province Development, Vocational Training & Skills Development & Youth Affairs
2. Mangala Samaraweera: Minister of Finance & Mass Media
3. (Mrs.) Thalatha Athukorala: Minister of Justice & Prison Reforms
4. Rauff Hakeem: Minister of City Planning, Water Supply and Higher Education
5. Thilak Janaka Marapana: Minister of Foreign Affairs
6. Gamini Jayawickrama Perera: Minister of Buddhasasana & Wayamba Development
7. Lakshman Kiriella: Minister of Public Enterprise, Kandyan Heritage & Kandy Development
8. Mohamed Hashim Mohamed Kabir: Minister of Highways, Road Development and Petroleum Resources Development
9. Ranjith Madduma Bandara: Minister of Public Administration & Disaster Management
10. Gayantha Karunatilaka: Minister of Lands and Parliamentary Reforms
11. Sajith Premadasa: Minister of Housing Construction and Cultural Affairs
12. Arjuna Ranatunga: Minister of Transport & Civil Aviation
13. Rajitha Senaratne: Minister of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine
14. Ravi Karunanayake: Minister of Power, Energy and Enterprise Development
15. Vajira Abeywardena: Minister of Internal and Home Affairs and Provincial Councils and Local Government
16. Patali Champika Ranawaka: Minister of Megapolis & Western Development
17. Eranjan Navin Dissanayake: Minister of Plantation Industries
18. U. Palani Thigambaram: Minister of Hill Country New Villages, Infrastructure & Community Development
19. (Mrs) Chadrani Bandara: Minister of Women & Child Affairs and Dry Zone Development.
20. Pelisge Harrison: Minister of Agriculture, Rural Economic Affairs, Livestock Development, Irrigation and Fisheries & Aquatic Resources Development.
21. Akila Viraj Kariyawasam : Minister of Education
22. Abdul Haleem Mohamed Hasheem: Minister of Postal Services & Muslim Religious Affairs.
23. Sagala Ratnayaka: Minister of Ports & Shipping and Southern Development
24. Harin Fernando: Minister of Telecommunication, Digital Infrastructure, Foreign Employment and Sports.
25. Mano Ganesan: Minister of National Integration, Official Languages, Social Progress and Hindu Religious Affairs.
26. Daya Gamage: Minister of Labour, Trade Union Relations, and Social Empowerment.
27. Malik Samarawickrama: Minister of Development Strategies, International Trade and Science, Technology and Research
28. John Amaratunga: Minister of Tourism Development, Wildlife & Christian Religious Affairs
29. Abdul Rishad Bathiudeen: Minister of Industry & Commerce, Resettlement of Protracted Displaced Persons & Co-operative Development