May 01, Colombo: The new cabinet ministers of Sri Lanka's unity government were sworn in before the President Maithripala Sirisena today following the fourth cabinet reshuffle.
Several ministerial portfolios have changed hands while some ministers have retained their previous portfolios.
1. Lakshman Kiriella: Minister of Public Enterprise and Kandy Development
2. Sarath Amunugama: Minister of Science, Technology and Research, Skills Development and Vocational Training, and Hill Country Heritage
3. S. B Nawinna: Minister of Internal Affairs and Wayamba Development
4. Mahinda Amaraweera: Minister of Agriculture
5. Duminda Dissanayake: Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources Management and Disaster Management
6. P. Harrison: Minister of Social Empowerment
7. Kabir Hashim: Minister of Highways and Road Development
8. Ranjith Madduma Bandara: Minister of Public Administration and Management, Minister of Law and Order
9. Thalatha Athukorala: Minister of Justice and Prison Reforms
10. Faiszer Mustapha: Minister of Sports, Minister of Provincial Councils and Local Government
11. Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa: Minister of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development and Rural Economy
12. D.M. Swaminathan: Minister of Rehabilitation, Resettlement, Northern Development and Hindu Religious Affairs
13. Sagala Ratnayake: Minister of Project Management, Youth Affairs and Southern Development
14. Mano Ganesan Minister of National Co-existence, Reconciliation and Official Languages
15. Daya Gamage Minister of Social Welfare and Primary Industries
16. Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka: Minister of Sustainable Development, Wildlife and Regional Development
17. Ravindra Samaraweera: Minister of Labor and Trade Union Relations
18. Wijedasa Rajapakshe: Minister of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs
Other ministerial portfolios will remain unchanged and the new State and Deputy Ministers will be sworn in at 10.30 a.m. at the Presidential Secretariat tomorrow.
All the Government Ministers and MPs have been summoned for this swearing-in ceremony.