Oct 05, Colombo: Secretary to the Ministry of Health, Janaka Sugathadasa says that the Government Medical Officers' Association (GMOA) has not officially submitted any proposal to the Ministry during the two days given to them on to submit proposals on post-intern appointments to 1200 medical students.
The Secretary said a discussion was held with the GMOA on October 2 and the Association was given two more days to submit their proposals for the formulation of post-intern appointments who completed their internship on 28 November 2016.
Accordingly, the period given for it ended yesterday (04) evening.
The Ministry said the Public Services Commission had already given its approval in February to appointment list of the post-intern appointment list.
However, after the discussion on October 2, the implementation of the appointments was temporarily suspended.
The Health Secretary however stressed that the post-intern appointment list will be implemented from Friday (06) since no proposal was received from the GMOA.
Earlier the GMOA warned to launch a countrywide strike on Friday if the Health Ministry failed to rectify the inaccurate post intern appointment list which according to GMOA was made without the Transfer Board approval.