Aug 07, Colombo: The National Chamber of Commerce in Sri Lanka (NCCSL) in association with Sri Lanka Customs will conduct a seminar on latest changes in the procedures of the Customs Department and a workshop on Customs documentation.
The NCCSL will conduct a business session on the latest Customs procedures, trade facilitation, on line payments, automation service, exports/imports etc on Wednesday 23 August 2017, from 3.00 to 5.00 p.m. at the National Chamber Auditorium.
Director General (DG) of Customs Chulananda Perera will be the Chief Guest of the event, while Additional DGs S Rajendran, K A Dharmasena, and U Liyanage, Director of Customs P R Athukorale and Superintendent of Customs Sudatha Silva will be resource persons.
The NCCSL will also hold a one day workshop on "Import Procedures & Documentation" with special attention on WTO Goods Valuation Agreement, WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) and Goods Classification & Harmonized System.
The Workshop will be held on Thursday, 24th August 2017 from 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. at the National Chamber Auditorium.
Deputy Director of Customs T. Raviendrarajah, who has 33 years of experience in various departments of Sri Lanka Customs will be the Resource Person.
The workshop is intended for those involved in sourcing goods from overseas, including sales purchasing, and production, and accounts staff. It also provides a good overview necessary for senior managers who are delegating responsibilities.
The course will cover the following:
1. Introduction to Imports
2. Imports Planning
3. Determining Imports Requirements
4. Introduction to International Trading
a. Sales Contract
6. Imports Restrictions
7. Terms of Sale
8. Incoterms - Purpose and Scope
9. Payment Terms with regard to imports- Agreement of Payment Terms- a review of the impact of each type (including Letter of Credit and Document Collections) on import payment
10. Customs Imports Procedures and Documentation
i. Classification of Imports Documents
ii. Clearance of Commercial Cargo through Customs- Sea Cargo and Air Cargo
iii. Clearance of Gift Parcels, Unaccompanied Passengers Baggage, Samples through Customs
iv. Free Trade Agreements
11. WTO Goods Valuation Agreement A Certificate
12. WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA)
13. Goods Classification and Harmonized Systems
14. Proof of Country of Origin