Oct 10, Colombo : Nine MPs were sworn in as Deputy Ministers before Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa at the Presidential Secretariat this morning, the President's Media Unit confirmed.
Seen here is Sanath Jayasuriya accepting his appointment from the President.
The new deputy ministers are:
Prime Minister D. M. Jayaratne, General Secretary of S.L.F.P. Minister Maithripala Sirisena and several other Ministers, Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunga and several other dignitaries were present at the occasion.
- Sanath Jayasuriya - Ministry of Postal Services
- Lakshman Perera - Ministry of Industry and Commerce
- Sarath Weerasekara - Ministry of Labour and Labour Relations
- Y.G. Padmasiri - Ministry of Agriculture
- Anthony Victor Perera - Ministry of Coconut Development and Janatha Estate Development
- Hemal Gunasekera - Ministry of Cooperatives and Internal Trade Affairs
- Mohan Lal Grero - Ministry of Education
- Nishantha Mutuhettigama - Ministry of Minor Export Crops
- Sarath Mutukumarana - Ministry of Rehabilitation and Prison Reforms
(Photos by Sudath Silva)