Lankapage Logo Recent Top Stories
CP 14 YEARS
Go Home Home Serving the Sri Lankan community globally since 2000
go to LankaPage.com

Leading News from Sri Lanka::

* Sri Lanka's cyber security unit notes a majority of Facebook related incidents this year
Tue, Dec 24, 2013, 10:07 am SL Time, ColomboPage News Desk, Sri Lanka.

Dec 24, Colombo: The Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team Coordination Centre (SLCERTCC) has recorded a majority of Facebook related incidents this year.

The Centre has reportedly received information about 1,200 Facebook-related incidents so far in 2013.

Accordingly, out of the cases reported to the SLCERTCC around 80% to 90% had revolved around fake Facebook accounts while the remaining 10% were related to unauthorized hacking of accounts, pictures being posted on Facebook pages without authorization and copyrighted material and trademarks of organizations being published without authorization.

The SLCERTCC had recorded 1,150 incidents in 2012 and 1,400 incidents in 2011.

The Center advises the users to use a strong secret password when logging on to Facebook or other social networking sites and use high privacy settings to limit and control the access that others have to one's information.

ColomboPage - Recent 10 Stories
Sri Lanka Attorney General's Department sets up provincial units
-- [2 hours ago]
Sri Lanka briefs diplomatic community on measures taken to subdue renewed threat of terrorism
-- [4 hours ago]
Sri Lankan President vows to take strict action against lawbreakers, not to permit religious discord
-- [5 hours ago]
Parliamentary delegation of Balochistan visits Sri Lanka
-- [6 hours ago]
Sri Lanka business chamber conducts workshop on media Strategies for corporate sector
-- [6 hours ago]
Sri Lanka to conduct tsunami drill today
-- [7 hours ago]
Japan offers higher education scholarships to Sri Lankan students
-- [7 hours ago]
Australia says co-operation with Sri Lanka to prevent people smuggling is a success
-- [8 hours ago]
Sri Lanka appoints Malinga as captain of T20 Team until March 2015
Extremist Sri Lankan Buddhist organization surrounds government ministry

Copyright © 2000, 2014 by LankaPage.com (LLC) :
The news and other contents on ColomboPage are copyrighted property of LankaPage.com, LLC. Any unauthorized use of any information on ColomboPage may constitute a violation of copyright laws. You need written permission to reproduce, republish, post, transmit, broadcast or distribute, material from this site from LankaPage.com, LLC. However, news organizations or broadcasters in Sri Lanka may republish the news items in ColomboPage with proper acknowledgment to ColomboPage.