Sept 22, Colombo: Sri Lanka Consumer Affairs Authority yesterday sealed a chocolate factory following a complaint from a consumer that a chocolate he shared with his children included a piece of razor blade.
The consumer has swallowed razor blade piece unknowingly and it has caused injuries to him.
He has been admitted to the hospital with severe pain yesterday and doctors have surgically removed the razor blade from his body.
The chocolate, produced by a leading chocolate factory in the country, was sold by a super market in Minuwangoda in Gampaha district.
Ironically, the person who faced the mishap is the chief computer operator of the Consumer Affairs Authority.