Leading News from Sri Lanka::
Nine new companies to start ventures in Sri Lanka industrial zone in Horana
Thu, Apr 8, 2010, 11:58 am SL Time, ColomboPage News Desk, Sri Lanka.
Apr 08, Colombo: Nine new companies are set to start projects at the Horana Export Processing Zone (HEPZ), Sri Lanka's Board of Investment (BOI) announced.
The nine companies, once completed will bring an investment total of US$ 57.15 million employing 1,221 staff at the Horana EPZ. According to the BOI it is a significant investment in terms of jobs created and the amount of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) as both will be doubled in number.
Following companies are the new additions to the zone.
- Unilever Sri Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, a UK investment, will be producing food items, soap, and toothpaste. It is an US$ 40 million investment that will provide employment for 100 workers.
- A Malaysian company Aspic Bio Tea (Pvt) Ltd, will be producing liquid tea and bio tea. It will invest US$ 2.5 million and provide employment to 49 workers.
- Indian company Cavin Care (Pvt) Ltd, will be produce cosmetic products investing US$ 650,000 and employing 110 workers.
- Auto Link International (Pvt Ltd), a Sri Lankan enterprise will be engaged in vehicle reconditioning.
- An Indian company Heritage Foods (Pvt) Ltd will be producing food and beverages with US$ 350,000 invested. It will provide employment for 202 workers.
- Phoenix Industries Ltd is a Sri Lankan plastic personal care and packaging products company will invest US$ 2 million and employ 55 workers.
- An Indian manufacturer of paper products Nithiya Packaging (Pvt) Ltd will invest US$ 7 million and employ 350 workers at capacity.
- Hwagin Medical Lanka (Pvt) Ltd is a Chinese manufacturer of disposable syringes representing an investment of US$ 4.2 million will employ 100 workers.
- A Sri Lankan company, Digital Engineering Lanka (Pvt) Ltd will manufacture anti adhesive oil, concreting and foaming grease, with an investment of US$ 450,000 and employ 55 workers.
Horana Export Processing Zone, the 385-acre industrial zone located in the Kalutara District commenced operations in November 1999. The HEPZ comprises a complete road network, power supply, treated water supply, telecom facilities, water treatment plants, waste water treatment plants and security services.
The current total investment at the HEPZ is US$ 54 million and its 11 enterprises provide employment to 1,623 workers. These enterprises are involved in the manufacture of garment accessories, essential oil, plastishell products, non ferrous metal recycling, MDF boards, electric power generation, and glassware.
ColomboPage - Recent 10 Stories
Warning: require(/home/vesamuni/public_html/DB/latest_10.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/58/7376258/html/archive_10/Apr1270708121CH.php on line 219
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/vesamuni/public_html/DB/latest_10.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/58/7376258/html/archive_10/Apr1270708121CH.php on line 219