Sri Lanka government issues Gazette notification to absorb temporary workers into permanent list
Fri, Nov 27, 2009, 09:22 pm SL Time, ColomboPage News Desk, Sri Lanka.
Nov 27, Colombo: The Ministry of Public Administration has issued the Gazette notification with regard to grant permanent appointments to non permanent government staff, the Ministry sources said.
According to the Gazette, non-permanent employees in the public sector are to receive permanent appointments with effect from the 1st of November 2009.
Non- permanent employees are required to meet the following criteria to get the permanent appointments.
According to the Ministry Secretary D. Dissanayake, employees who meet the criteria stipulated in the Gazette will be absorbed into permanent list and given the primary grade by the relevant institution heads.
- An appointment letter issued by the relevant official of the institution
- Vacancies in the permanent carder
- Uninterrupted and satisfactory service of 180 work days as at the 31st of last month
- Having fulfilled the qualifications required under the accepted recruitment procedure
- Not more than 45 years of age at the time of recruitment
These appointments at government corporations and statutory boards could be made only after a systematic study carried out by the Management Services Department.